Friday

The Winery Wine Shop - the day after...

www.thewinerywineshop.com

Hello all and a happy end of the week to you (I don't think I've gotten over St.Patty's day talk yet - it is fun isn't it?). The sun is shining, the curry is simmering and the boys are playing, together, outside. Life is pretty darn good. To top it off I've opened a bottle of Wooloomooloo (Shiraz) to sip while I wait for the curry. It's not all that bad. I read the back - it says, "it'll go well with any type of bold-flavored cuisine or equally well with dimly lit candles...", sounds like a winner in my book (I'm so easy to please).

An update on the night at The Winery: I'd have to say it gets a big ol' 4 stars in my book. It would have gotten a 5 if the portions of the cheese tray were a little bigger and there was chocolate sauce for the brownie (it's all about the food with me). It's a great wine bar; wonderful service, lovely ambiance, and a big fish bowl full of crackers! You actually get served at your table with what ever you've chosen for your tasting flight (oh, right, you have a choice) and the portions are not at all chincy here (have to love that). A large selection of wine and food round out what might become a regular hangout for our Thursday Night Wine League (bunch of ladies getting together = a league). I think the fact that they didn't kick us out when we started talking about our breasts (this includes hand movements and gestures) was a big part of us wanting to go back... really, this isn't a joke. Get 5 women over 30 away from their families and serve them wine, cheese and chocolate and all heck breaks loose!

So, at the end of the night and many a gesture later... we did compile a list of wines that you might enjoy. At least we enjoyed them. There were some we didn't but I'll spare you those tonight - its the weekend, start it off on a happy note!

1. Paso A Paso Tempranillo (La Mancha, Spain) $10.99 a bottle

2. Cote Alla Flora Podere Del Giuggiolo Sangiovese (Tuscany, Italy) $12.99

3. Ballentine Chemin Blanc (Napa, California) $15.99

4. Franciscan (Napa, California) $15.99

What are you drinking?

2 comments:

  1. Honestly? A cheap Kenwood merlot. It's very drinkable. Which is all you can really ask for when you're going cheap. It's been a long time since I've been to a wine bar and ordered a flight... Probably pre-kids. Sounds like a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great night Kate! I highly recommend getting out with your girlfriends, if only once a month! It takes the edge off and it's nice to be someone other than mom/wife for a little while1

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!