Thursday

A few Observations.

You can find this journal at L2 Design Collective and they have so much more worth looking at!
A few of the snacks from our Thursday night get-togethers.
Happy Thursday!

Thank you all for taking the time to read my blog and thank you as well for the great comments! In regard to the post on Beauty - I should have mentioned what I find nice about myself but thought I'd give you all time to ponder the question first. There's always things that irk me when I look in the mirror - like when did those lines get so deep around my eyes, mouth, neck, etc. But, generally, I'm still liking my hair (except when I was pregnant and it started to fall out - ick) and since I started running I have to say I adore, yes adore, my calves! It was great to know everyone could think of just one thing so that when you have those days (and I know we all have them) that you just think "ACK!" you can try to focus on that one thing and hopefully it will make your day that much better.

And now, I thought I'd share with you a few thoughts I had while I was waiting for Ellie to finish his swimming lesson on Tuesday. I almost always have to write something down whenever I'm out so I've started carrying a little notebook with me (If you think this is a good idea then you might want to consider carrying one too. Here's an example - or here- or here and of course, here).
Do you ever have those days when you wake up and the smile is already there? The rose coloured glasses are in place - You could throw your arms up and spin and jump up and down in a room full of strangers and not care?!
- A dad plays with his child in the pool and you can see the love in his eyes.
- Squeals of delight as the baby flies in the air.
- Splash, splash, splash, blowing bubbles and marvelling at the wonders of water.
- On days like these you wonder how it is that the world is at war, poverty exists and global destruction is so rampant.
- A mother-to-be glowing, smiling, waving at a friends baby.
- A little girl, maybe 4?, supposed to be learning to swim but she can't listen. The pull to swish the water is too great. The teacher "barks" at her but she smiles and splashes some more.
- Outside the sun shines. Gold light, blue skies, reflections in the glass. Shadows on the ground.
- A little boy stands besides the slide, almost hidden behind a beam. He's eating animal crackers and watching the other boys swim. Does he want to be swimming too? He doesn't look sad, just pensive.
- The simple beauty that should make you happy - that should open your eyes and make you thankful for being able to exist. Do you see it? Do you see the children trying so hard to learn, to please you? Do you see the little boy who just jumped into the pool with all his might and determination? Do you see his smile? Do you see his light shining?
- Always stand up straight, shoulders back. Only round your shoulders if you're guilty or you've wronged someone intentionally. Confidence and self-respect and a smile are not only catchy but attractive. You don't have to be skinny or tall or smart; a simple smile and straight back will change the way you view the world. Try it.
- Don't just smile with your mouth. Smile with your eyes.

2 comments:

  1. We certainly don't look like we're starving with that spread! Here's to Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, it's kind of like we're food addicts or something...

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!