Thursday

Let's Talk about Wine Baby!


Tonight is the Wine Tasting at House Wine. They're featuring an organic farm here in Ohio - Wayward Seed Farms - and a few organic wineries. I don't think I've had the ones featured before so I'm quite looking forward to having a sample or two or three (who are we kidding, it'll be more like four). The one other bottle of organic wine that I have had (I'm sorry I can't remember what it was...ack!) wasn't my favourite - a little too flat. Hopefully, these wineries will *wow* me with their flavours.

Of course, the anticipation of trying a few new wines got me thinking of all the wines I'm missing out on and I just had to buy something new when I went to the store. And so, the new additions to my now fairly low stocked (*gasp*) wine collection are:
Cycles Gladiator (pinot noir) - but of course!
Da Vinci (chianti)
Fetzer (cab.) - it's a 9 time winner of "Winery of the Year" by Wine & Spirits magazine. Should be good right?

I also checked out a few others I'm hoping to try in the near future (and a few I've had before). If you've had one by all means, leave a comment so that the rest of us know what we're getting into!

Greg Norman (pinot noir) $17.99 - Californian, I'm pretty sure there used to be an Australian line as well...
Sketchbook (pinot noir) $18.99 - I've had this. It's wonderful; a bit pricey though.
Francis Coppola (zinfandel) $14.99 - Good movies = good wine? Who knows?
House Wine (red - that's it) $10.99 - this is a good everyday wine. I think it might be cheaper at House Wine (the store, not the wine, they're not related, it's all very confusing) for those of you who live in Columbus.
Genesis (syrah) $14.99 - someone I know has had this!
Joe Blow Red - sorry didn't get the price, I was too busy chasing after a ball in the middle of Giant Eagle (who's smart idea was it to put up a "fake" basketball court to sell Coke??). Anyway, I like the name of this don't you?

And if this isn't enough, hop on over to Wine Spectator where they have a Daily Wine List! Isn't that great?

2 comments:

  1. ok, i went to ser's blog and found you and then realized that at some point yesterday i had ended up here but now i can't remember how! too funny!

    last night was so much fun! i can't believe i'm feeling ok today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti for last night as well - it was great to finally meet you! Also, thanks for letting me know I'm officially "out there" in the internet world!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!