Thursday

Glasses

This is my favourite of the 3 - from www.papastour.com - pottery made in Scotland
Lovely and sleek - Ravenscroft Double Blind Tasting Glass

Don't click to enlarge! Sorry, I'm still getting the hang of this... Dansk Karin wine glass

When I graduated from university I got a job NOT in my chosen field of bio-anthropology (archeology) but rather in a china shop. Didn't I make good use of that degree? At the time I was quite happy just to have a job and be able to pay the rent (I was 23 for crying out loud, what did I know). I didn't think I would actually grow to love the job, okay, maybe not the job but definitely the china and the glassware. I have quite the collection of odds and sodds from working there and a darn good salad spinner (it's been a decade and that thing keeps spinning)! So, today the above pictures are a few glasses that I've found on-line to put your favourite wine in... okay, so don't worry if it's just a bottle of 6 dollar crap, at least you've got a nice glass!

The ladies are heading out again this evening - we'll be at the local watering hole - say "hi" if you see me - heck, buy me a drink would you?! And if you're just too far away don't let that stop you from enjoying your spirit of choice - CHEERS!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were an archeology major! You really need to start talking more about YOU.

    Does passing the bottle down the table count as buying you a drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll accept passing the bottle down as buying a drink- I'm easy like that!!! Bummer we didn't get to chat much but Thanks for the wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Indy - Love the stoneware wine cups! Hope you all enjoyed the winefest last night. Big ol' blizzard here yesterday -- we're in popcorn and movies mode today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo, Indiana Jones, don't go digging in my gardens....may find our beloved Mo!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!