Tuesday

Beauty


I have a bit of a question for you today. You don't have to answer right away; if you'd like to think about it that's fine as well.
Alright, ready?

Name one thing about you that you think is beautiful - and it has to be external. Something that everyone can see. Something that no matter who is looking at you they will think it's amazing. Not an easy assignment? Not something that you think about all the time? I don't believe that.
I bring this up for a few reasons: 1. Because my friends and I were talking about body image this weekend (Ser wrote about it on her blog). 2. Because this is a big topic for girls and boys - who are we kidding? My son already talks about how his eyes are beautiful (It runs in my husbands side of the family. His eyes and his brothers and their aunts are gorgeous!). 3. Because in Twilight (yes, see how big this book is in my life right now? Sad.) Edward loves Bella no matter what she looks like; even though in her eyes she's so very flawed. And he too believes he's flawed because he's a "monster" (*sigh*) and can't possibly be good enough for her.
Now the reason I'm asking you to look on the outside is because internally we are all beautiful are we not? I'd like to believe that anyway. For those of you that are my friends, trust me, you're gorgeous, internally and externally - I'm very picky about my friends... You are kind-hearted, trust-worthy, and funny. And on the outside you shine and make my day brighter every time I'm with you. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. How can I resist commenting on that post? What do I love? When I'm within the comfortable confines of my home, I love it all (well... almost - adult-onset acne, do you hear me? I hate you like I hate pro wrestling, too much mayonnaise, and when my cat pees on the rug.). Once I step outside and into what I neurotically perceive to be an incredibly judgmental populace, I love my legs, my smile, my eyes, and (in the company of a terrific bra) my bazooms. My stomach is, well, "a good and cushy pillow" according to my kids.

    The biggest problem I have is that I need to learn to dress what I have, so I've been spending some time here:

    http://www.cardiganempire.com/search/label/Body%20Type

    ...perhaps because my annoying middle bulge is now renamed "soft delicious center" - it's all in the marketing!

    And T, you are beautiful inside, outside, even with (or perhaps especially with) a big bowl of chili cheese dip resting on your lap while watching Molly Ringwald finally land Jake Ryan. You will forever have a place on my (very, very) short list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I'm more comfortable with myself then a few years ago, but still wouldn't go so far as to say beautiful. Never have felt that way. But I do have lovely knuckles. (I know, always the smart ass.)

    It took a really long time to get over the "I'm not going to look like - fill in the blank here - so I just better like what I have." There are good days and bad days. And really, it's all about with whom you surround yourself. I'm luck to find a great group of ladies who make me feel beautiful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks for the shout out and for letting me be a part of your "group of ladies." You are the kind of friend who makes everyone around her feel beautiful and interesting. And that is beautiful.

    I have always liked my toes. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!