Friday

Try the Garnacha (it's even full to say)!


Wonderful night last night! House wine picked a great selection again (how would I know???). The wines were great overall - Organic and Flavourful! I could pass on the first white, a little dull in my opinion and I disliked the after-taste. The others were good however and I don't think you'd be doing an injustice if you served them to a dinner guest (or just wanted something to drink while you read this blog...). In case you missed Thursday night at house wine and would like to try putting together a little tasting of your own, here's what we had:

1. Frog's Leap Sauvignon Blanc ($21.99) - again, my least favourite. There's something about this winery I just don't like... but everyone else did so you might want to judge for yourself. You might want to check out their website - it's worth the chuckle!

2. Hofer Gruner Veltliner ($17.99) - a "biodynamic" winery so by drinking this you're practically saving the environment single-handedly! How conscientious of you.

3. Menguante Garnacha ($10.99) - there's no sulfites in this wine making it a great choice for those of you who get headaches from reds!

4. Yalumba Shiraz/Viognier ($10.99) - a very "green" winery and rated an 89/100 by Wine Spectator (can you say, "good buy"?)

And in case you weren't aware, at most stores you'll get an extra 10% off for buying a case - ask first (Giant Eagle does and so does House Wine).

No driveway Wine Night tonight. Just a nice, quiet night in. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Kisses to the kiddies and an extra hug from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!