Sunday

Spring?

The Tulips in my yard.
Don't you just love Tevas?

I think Spring might be here. Friday and Saturday were marvelous days - both warm, partly sunny and filled with energy and happiness. I cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more and I would almost, at this time, almost, be able to have strangers into my house without shuddering to think what they might find in the far reaches of the room. The dust bunnies have been battled and conquered (until next week). The spiderwebs have been removed from the light fixtures. The baseboards are still covered in dust but seriously, I'm not getting down on to the floor to scrub them so too bad.

One of the other bonus' to spring, you know, aside from me getting off my butt and cleaning, is Friday Night Driveway Wine Night. A Holiday you ask, why yes, sort of. FNDWN is the night when people in my neighbourhood - my husband, K, R and I - get together and sit in the driveway and drink wine and chat about our week. It's wonderful. We talk and vent. I yell at my husband. My neighbours laugh. We drink wine (sometimes bad wine -ick) and eat stuff that we try not to eat for the rest of the week (Oh, except on Thursday Night Wine Night with the girls - hmm... I see a trend here...). It's nice to live in an area where your neighbours are good friends and it's a relaxed atmosphere.

It does however, make me miss some of the good friends I've made in my many stops along the way. I reminisced about a few places I've been with them - The Pub, The Intowner, Lulus, the Split Crow, Pappys Corner Pub (to name a few- yes, there's more). And of course, it's not about the buildings but more about the times I had with my friends. Like FNDWN and Thursday nights with the girls, it's always about more than the food and drink, it's about the memories and the laughs. I never had sisters when I was growing up (I do now, they are just little) and my brothers were both too old to hang out with their little sister and so, my friends became more than friends, they became my family. A lot of pressure for my new friends, I wonder if they know what they're in for (as I'm never moving again!).

So, here's to Spring - may you not be too fleeting, here's to friends and here's to flip-flops! May summer be right around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, typo up there...

    Family? You can't be my family! I don't like my family! They're crazy! Well, I guess you would fit in quite nicely...;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!