Tuesday

Top of the Morning to you.

www.talbots.com (patent leather flip-flops - $58.00)
www.zappos.com (Donald J. Pliner - $285 that's right!)

www.sundancecatalog.com (solana sandals $328 - wait don't choke!)

Happy St. Patty's Day! I'm not Irish but I'm more than happy to celebrate with them. Green beer for everyone.
It's a lovely 67F here in Columbus today and it hasn't even hit the high for the day yet. I'm walking around in my capris thinking of ways to waste away the day. Perhaps a snooze on the lawn chair? A walk around the block, or two? Playing at the park with the boys? And yes, even a glass of wine with friends? And since it's so absolutely gorgeous one can't help but think it might be flip-flop weather. I adore flip-flops but I do think they need to be worn right. When you walk, one foot should "flip" and the other should "flop". There should be no shuffling of the feet and your toes should not, listen to me, NOT hang over the edge (ICK). They can be lovely, sporty, or elegant if done following those rules. And if you play your cards right you can find a beautiful pair for a great price that can be worn with jeans and a skirt (or shorts - if you're over 35 don't do the shorts unless you're playing golf or tennis and even then keep it decent please - Daisy Dukes are NOT for everyone despite what you've heard).

Well, I'm off. The sunshine is calling me. I apologize for missing so many days but I find it hard to believe this great weather is going to stay for very long (am I a pessimist?) and I feel like I should enjoy it while I can! Enjoy the beer! Kiss someone wearing green and may the luck of the Irish follow you on your journey.
Note: I know the flip-flops I've pictured above are a little pricey (I'd have to refinance my home to buy the Solana's) but keep in mind at the end of the season (you know, for next season) they often go clearance and if you just can't wait then check out the new lines at Target. They are wonderful, especially the Merona Elda Thongs in Black Patent! But hurry, these are so cute there won't be any left!

1 comment:

  1. Once it gets warm I live in jeans and flip flops. No shorts for me. I had "okay" legs in my 20s - but realized as some point after 30 that it was time to cover it not discover it. Did I just write that? I don't think I've actually said it in ten years... Must be the wine talking.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!