Thursday

It's cloudy and grey.

Special shout out to Ms. M. She headed back to the North today. Thanks for the good times lady. See you on your next visit!


And so I stayed inside and made cookies with Mr. E. It was great! We made two kinds: Mom's Chocolate Chip Meringues (thank you, thank you Smitten Kitchen) and The Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies (soo bad for you but oh so good). What a great way to start the day. And we tested them (a few times) and low and behold, they weren't poison. Phew.

By the way, one of my favourite things lately is Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Blend. Big, big fan. I'm sorry if you're not lucky enough to have a Trader Joe's in your neck of the woods (in CO. you've got Sunflower Market and so you shouldn't complain). They have so many wonderful items - for example Charles Shaw wine - great sauces, good dried food section and they carry Pirate Booty (mmm... I love pirate booty).

And that's it for today I'm afraid. I'm busy making the lamb burgers (more like meatballs), the grains (instead of the rice I said I was going to make), and the wraps. Mmm... supper is going to be so delicious (can you tell I'm hungry). Have a good evening everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! I'm not sure if Sunflower makes up for the sad lack of Trader Joe's but I do get Pirate Booty, so I won't complain (much).

    Dinner sounds good (despite its meatiness).

    I made leftover cereal squares last night and realized we had less leftover cereal than I thought so they're a little extra gooey -- and I like it.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooey gooey cereal squares - my favourite! Enjoy - and Sunflower has a way better fresh veg/fruit selection than Trader Joes. Luckily, we have a great farmers market or I'd be extra grumpy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!