Sunday

Happy Valentines Day!

At the restaurant.
At the library. Look really close. Now stare into the center of the picture. See the musician?

You just gotta love a holiday that's represented by a grown man in a diaper (I like this version best though I would settle for the Elmer Fudd version as well). Yah, I think I deserve chocolates just for that (or in my case, 2 packs of M&M's - oh, you know it baby)!

I went on my date night with my little love on Friday (S.). It was extremely fantastic. I don't think I've been out like that in ages - and certainly not with any man in my house (don't feel bad for me - I actually prefer, currently, to go out by myself). The evening started with a live band (okay, one guy) playing acoustic guitar at the local library. One more reason I love my town. We sat for an hour and listened to this
guy strum away old songs. Calming and fabulous!

Next, we walked down the street and stopped in for dinner at the local inn. It's a might bit grown-up (and a might bit pricey - there goes the budget). I was hesitant at first but I figured any place that has crayons and a kids menu is up for us! We had a very grown-up dinner with a cheese plate to start, our own dinners and then creme brulee for dessert. It was a 2 1/2 hour dinner and not once did I think they needed to hurry up with the check. We wrote our own story (posted below) and drew pictures and talked and talked and laughed and talked some more. It was a dream date *sigh*. The chef even came out and talked to S. about his dinner - oh, the glamour! S. thought that was just about the coolest thing ever (we're big fans of Gordon Ramsey).

Tonight is going pretty much the same. Lovely home dinner of Chinese food (Happy Chinese New Year)! Cheesecake for dessert and now, tea and the Olympics. *sigh* Pinch me 'cause I must be dreaming. Happy Day everyone.
Our story: Once upon a time, there lived a big, peaceful giant who loved to dance. One evening the gentle giant twirled and he shook the land. The mayor became flustered by all the excitement. One night the giant danced so hard the whole country shook. When the people saw who it was the people were mad. Fortunately, the giant quickly apologized and the people were happy. the giant said that he loved to dance and the people said, "O.K.". The End.
(a little note: I wrote a line then S. wrote a line. It's not award winning fiction but it's all he could talk about on Saturday).

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a dream date! S has become quite the little man recently - are you sure it's okay for him to grow up? You might want to rethink that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not okay with that at all! I keep YELLING at him to stop but he just doesn't listen. The other one doesn't listen either. Darn kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever figure out how to bribe, punish, or sweet-talk them enough to convince them to stay little, would you post it here - right away?

    Even little A is starting to seem like a big kid. At least the dog won't get any bigger...

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!