Saturday

It all started with a bottle...

I checked on my newly bottled vanilla beans and I have to say I was delightfully surprised! Don't they look gorgeous?! It's like pandora's box has been opened and I have seen the light! Oh, what else can I make? I've already tried the coffee cream (Chai version) - to die for. I remember the recipe but I can't figure out where I got it (maybe here?). I apologize. But for those out there who'd like to make it: 1 can sweetened condensed milk (don't stop here though I know it's way too easy. Oh, how I love thee Mr. Condensed Milk), 1 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom, 1 cup regular milk (whateva you got in the fridge). That's it! Mix. Shake. Pour and Enjoy. Yummers. Especially good on cold, snowy winter mornings. Not that I've had any of those (it's snowing AGAIN).

I also happened upon a Pumpkin Spice Recipe (or two). I'd like to try this but I'm a little nervous of all the little bits that might show up in the bottom of my cup. Anyone tried it?

4 comments:

  1. The vanilla looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does doesn't it and that's just week one! I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised at how this all comes out. Keep your fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to ask a really, really stupid question-- do you add this to your coffee? I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I know people who are, so this seems like it might be a cute gift idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. M, You do! Isn't it a awesome gift idea? I'm thinking Ser might be getting a case or two! You can put it in your black tea as well (Chai tea for you). I also happened upon a recipe for homemade sweetened condensed milk(oh, how thrifty am I?). Check it out: http://southernfood.about.com/cs/candyrecipes/ht/sweet_condensed.htm

    Don't do the recipe where you heat it on the stove as it makes one icky, sticky, burnt mess!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!