Friday

Feelings of Pride.

You've heard me talk about Canada - a lot. I miss it. I miss everyone saying, "eh?". I miss grey buildings, siding and everything looking just a little bit old (like 1970's not 1870's). I miss Hockey Night in Canada. I miss my friends there. And as much as I dislike facebook (though you wouldn't know it 'cause I'm on there all the time) I love the fact that I can see what all my old friends are doing up North. So, imagine how delighted I was (okay, I cried a little when I watched it - shaking my head at myself) when I came upon this little treasure.

It's a rap video by a kid in Thunder Bay. And as the name suggests, it's my home town. Believe it or not, this is where I'm from. I've walked those exact streets. I've eaten pancakes at the Hoito (and if you ever get there I highly recommend you do too). I was a bartender at the Moose Lodge (oh, yes, yes, I was). I've seen the spot where Terry Fox ended his run. This evening I'm pouring myself a Canadian Club and watching this with my hubby. He's from there too!

Happy Friday everyone. Hope you get to know a little bit about me after this - and please, don't hold it against me!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously awesome. I've always wanted to see where you grew up (but have always doubted that vacation plans would put me there). I'm from the west Texas equivalent.

    I don't think someone like you could come from anywhere other than a place like that (and I mean that as a compliment).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The town itself does have a certain something. It's one of those big cities with a small town feel (if you call 100,000 people a city and if you think knowing everything about everyone is a small town feel). Funny thing, if you meet someone from there they will freely admit it and they'll be proud as all heck. Just weird.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!