Monday

Dinner for the week. Again.


$102.40 later this is what I have to show for my efforts yesterday. Not much. I did splurge and get beer, Camembert cheese and coffee creamer (I had a coupon). All good deals I think and they make me just a little happier. The one thing that didn't was those darn South Beach Diet wraps. At $4.59 a package I was hoping they would make my life easier but low and behold they're crap! Don't waste your money. The kids wondered why I didn't just make my own since these ones tasted, and acted, like cardboard. Touche kids. The vitamins also set me back but alas, my husband and I have decided it's time to take care of ourselves. Ick.
The torture list for this week is as follows:
Sunday (last night): Fish tacos. Yep, we used those wraps and some walleye I had in the fridge. Yum. Yum. Yum. I'd still rather have a Wahoos. Oh, how I miss you Wahoo....(cries a little at the thought of it). I tried to recreate the spanish rice and black beans and the salsa (yes R., your recipe) and I think I did a pretty good job. Still wish I had been at Wahoos...
Monday: Black Bean soup. Little S. is going to hate this.
Tuesday: Eggplant Parmesan. Nothing fancy, I'm just pulling it out of the freezer and serving it over egg noodles. Though easy this might be my least favourite of the week.
Wednesday: Spaghetti with chopped bacon, broccoli, and mozza cheese with a side salad - mmmmm... Surprisingly easy and yet everyone loves, loves, loves this!
Thursday: Toss up here. Perhaps we should take it to a vote. I've got a Cheese Souffle with hash browns or Beef with veggies and potatoes. This will be a time thing and whichever loses this day will be served on Saturday. That's just how I roll. Friday's a date night here and though it's not in the budget I'm taking Mr. S. out! A little bonding time between the two of us. It's amazing the difference in his personality after he gets a little one on one time. Go figure.
Well, that's it. Not a very exciting week I'm afraid. I did make home-made vanilla extract yesterday (sooo tired of paying coffee money for something I use so little of). The website seems to be easy enough to follow. I had a couple of beans hanging around and an empty bottle. I used the vodka (80 proof) instead of any other type and I didn't add a sweetener. I'm thinking I see a vanilla martini in my future!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I'm craving Wahoo's, too. Last week I had to run down to Boulder during the school day and actually drove past Wahoo's but didn't have time to stop and still pick the kids up on time. It was a cruel tease. Then, I ended up eating half a bag of chips because I was starving when I got home... should've stopped for fish tacos. Seriously, I'm still feeling regret over that one.

    We've got strep making the rounds so our meal plan for this week is most likely to revolve around Twizzlers, 7-Up, antibiotics, and juice popsicles.

    Happy date night to you and your little man. What fun! R and I need to go play some Skee Ball soon, too, but he's escaping for a ski trip with Grandpa on Friday so I don't feel too sorry for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't stop! I'm ashamed of you. Yes, yes I am! Next time let the kids wait. Yah, that's right... it's Wahoos...

    Sorry about the strep. The twizzlers have to be a bonus right?

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!