Tuesday

Dinner List for the week.

Coffee Cake with Butternut Squash from Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld but made by me.
Beef and Bean soup. Mmm... with a side of sunflower baguette. Sounds lovely.

First off, did you catch the second part of Emma on Sunday? If not, and I'm appalled that you didn't, you can catch it again on PBS Masterpiece classics. Gotta love that free television. And here's a nifty piece of trivia for you - you're all going to be googling this I just KNOW it!!! - the guy who plays Mr. Knightley, Jonny Lee Miller, was once married to Angelina Jolie. No joking. Oh, yes, my mind is filled with tons of useful trivia. Sadly, I have no where but here to use it.

Now, before I get too far off course... it's been known to happen... I told my good friend R. that I'd list some of my meal plans for this week. Yes, you can now go to anyone of the other blogs you read... This may not be exciting...

Sunday: Seared Beef, Garlic mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli. For dessert I made a coffee cake with a pkg of frozen squash in the middle. This works amazingly well if you put cinnamon on it for flavouring and use a bit of brown sugar in your cake (oh, so very sneaky). That's all I did to the squash besides defrosting it.

Monday: The leftover beef and mashed potatoes were thrown in the Crock-Pot with a can of tomatoes, onions, garlic, white beans and some stock. E. and I got that yummy sunflower baguette and that was used for a side filler! For dessert, yes we usually have something for dessert, a chickpea cookie (the recipe is from Seinfelds' cookbook).

Tuesday: Lettuce Wraps: Boston leaf, hummus, grated carrots, chopped peanuts. Steamed broccoli and brown rice.

Wednesday: Dough wrapped hot dogs (homemade bread dough cut into strips and then wrapped around a hot dog), cauliflower (I bought a pkg of frozen cauliflower) and homemade sweet potato fries. This means we're going to have fresh bread for the rest of the week. Anything leftover (I chuckle, there's never leftovers of homemade bread) gets put in the freezer and used as a stuffing for Easter dinner!

Thursday: Lamb burgers (sorry vegetarians) with tzatiki sauce and rice (homemade tortillas will be the wrap for these (thanks R. for the recipe).

Friday: Tofu and Spinach in a peanut coconut sauce served over rice. If I'm feeling adventurous I might make Naan bread or I suppose I could save some of those wraps from Thursday... hmmm...

Saturday: I suspect Pasta; probably spaghetti with a can of tomatoes and feta cheese. This is also market day here so you just never know!
Just an FYI that I might veer off course and get a little lazy. If I do, and I might, my back ups are always pancakes, pizza or soup from the freezer. The pancakes will include some sort of vegetable (ewwww you say? no, no, it might be pureed squash or cauliflower) or a banana or apple... you know, something to make me feel like I'm feeding my kids something nutritious.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration! So far this week: Chilaquiles (basically just scrambled eggs, homemade salsa, cheese, and the last crumbs of tortilla chips from a couple of bags - all stirred up together), leftovers on Monday (raviolis, pancakes, nachos... a total grazing night), and tonight it was breakfast burritos and carrots coins. Tomorrow night will be stir fried veges with leftover spaghetti (= cheapster lo mein). I have a pizza request for Thursday so we'll see if I get that together with the newly spayed Poppy demanding more than her fair share of snuggles. Friday = Sock Hop at the elementary school and middle school dance for C so it will be a junk food delight.

    Email me some of that coffee cake, would ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake is quite scrumptious! And you can totally tell it's squash in the middle but the boys devoured it! Who's kids are these anyway?! And instead of me emailing why don't you get your a** here and eat some?!

    By the way, I would kill for one of those breakfast burritos...mmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you after dinner ;-)

    I wish.

    I'll email you the breakfast burrito recipe sometime soon. I've finally got it perfected (if I do say so myself).

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!