Thursday

And it snowed...

It snowed and it's still snowing. I've never been one to let the weather get me down so to brighten the day up, I made pink soup (purple E. says). It was delicious - E. finished the bowl and shared only 2 tablespoons with me. I think he ate it just because he thought it was a cool colour but I tricked him - it was full of nutrients too (potatoes, beets, sweet potato and home-made broth).
Also, I made homemade granola to boot! Look at me, all this energy and soon I'm going to weigh 300 pounds. The granola is a combination of recipes from Smitten Kitchen and Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy.
Now, because I always need another project and because I keep reading these blogs by people who actually use the stuff in their house for a project (what?! crazy talk...) I decided to make a new comforter for E.'s bed. What I've started thus far is to take the crib skirt apart (with matching bumper pads and comforter - oh, weren't we funny) in order to join those parts to aforementioned comforter. Seems like an easy task and with luck I could have this done by this evening... Oh, how I make myself giggle.

This is the matching comforter and bumper pads. The bumper pads I might make into some throw pillows or something. Whatcha think?
(The blogs with those crafty people can be found on your right hand side. Go ahead, take a gander but don't blame me if you start taking bumper pads apart and creating flour sacks.)



1 comment:

  1. Oh dear... Craftiness... Shall I send you a plane ticket to somewhere warm? Really - you're worrying me ;-)

    The granola looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!