Sunday

Pantry Organization.

My pantry: the food areas. I don't have my spices in here but I'd like to. That would free up a whole other cupboard!
My pantry: food, plastics the kids can reach, coffee mugs, bread maker, and other assorted items.
My pantry: the top shelf. The problem here is that it goes to the ceiling and it's a lot of wasted space. The opening (where I can get stuff out of the door) is only about a foot and half tall. The overall dimensions for the pantry are: 32 inches wide, 23 inches deep and 5 feet 9 inches from the top of the door frame to the floor (the inside of the pantry is higher).

As I near the completion of the kitchen walls - by 'near' completing I actually mean I'm thinking about it today and I may even think about it tomorrow - I started thinking that I need to organize my pantry a little bit more. I'm getting a little irked by falling plastics and fighting with the cookie sheets everyday. So, I went online (that whole googling thing I like to do) found a few sites I liked and then got pantry envy. I thought a trip to the container store might be on the horizon, you know, at some point, like July... but I also thought you out there might have a few ideas on what I can do. So, take a gander at the pictures above, think about it and come back with an idea that will cost me less than $20. Yah, good luck with that...

Some sites that invoke jealousy and/or love:
http://www.theperfectpantry.com/ - check out 'other peoples pantry section'
www.organize-it-now.net/pantry/pantry-organization-ideas.aspx - oh, if only I were this organized. Of course, if I were I wouldn't need everyone else's ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a pantry! Mine would be far more of a disaster area than yours is, however. I sometimes dream that Susie Organized would show up at my house to get everything straightened out and then I remember I thrive on chaos to a certain extent. Granted, K has an ongoing joke about how many cans of garbanzo beans a family of garbanzo non-eaters really needs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked at every single one of those pantries on the "perfect pantry" link. I'm such a voyeur! One thing our rental has over the house we bought is awesome pantry space-- an entire cabinet as tall as me with deep, pull-out shelves-- and I'm really going to miss that. The pantry space in our new house now houses the fridge (seriously-- it just fits in there), so I'm going to have to figure out something creative!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!