Monday

Groceries and Dinner Menu.

It must be Monday. It's a big week here - our Papa is coming to visit (A.'s dad) and Nana is flying in for Easter weekend. That means the grocery bill is going to be a little bigger than it has been (one more trip later on in the week for the turkey). Brace yourselves.... note: I had a second picture of the groceries and for some unknown (at least to me) reason I can't load it.

Today's shopping trip was $98.35. Yikes. I did buy cereal (see it way in the back) just in case our visitors aren't big on homemade granola and breakfast burritos. And I've got a lot more fruit there than I would normally have. I think on Friday I'll have to get the bird for Sunday. I can't do it sooner as our fridge is a side-by-side and it's impossible to fit a turkey in. All good - it'll be fresher that way anyway.

Dinner Menu for this week:

Monday: Tofu with peanut coconut sauce (I'm leaving out the spinach), brown rice and steamed brocolli and cut up Mango (I was going to use the Mango for Sticky Coconut Rice but maybe next time).

Tuesday: Beef Stew and No Knead Bread.

Wednesday: Cheesy Casserole (recipe given to me by Stacy).

Thursday: Pork Loin, roasted potatoes, yams and carrots.

Friday: Stuffed Clams (I bought these ready made) and rice pilaf.

Saturday: Night out! I think this is going to be a family outing. Each time Papa and Nana come to visit we usually stay home and relax. I thought this time we might actually show them some of the sights Columbus has to offer... maybe German Village for some Schnitzel?

Sunday: Turkey Day! Happy Easter Sunday. Besides the lovely bacon wrapped turkey (is there any other way to cook it?) we'll have: stuffing, potatoes, asparagus, carrots, beets and of course, cranberry sauce. Mmm... yum.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a tasty week. I hate that about our side by side fridge - no room for the big stuff! Enjoy the family and the home improvements.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!