Monday

It's Monday!

I'm feeling a might bit refreshed today. I blame it all on the viewing of Twilight and New Moon at my friend Melissa's last night. Nothing gets you all revved up and ready for the week like a half naked werewolf and a sparkly vampire. (Hee hee hee - giggling like a school girl)

So, I've already got the walnuts roasted with some of that honey you see above (add a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of allspice and your taste buds will be all a flutter). There's also a loaf of Kitchen Sink Bread in the oven - as it contains almost every leftover veggie, fruit and the ends of old cereal. E.'s munching on his lunch of nuts, pears and yogurt so I've got about 5 minutes before he's asking me for something else...

Here we go... today's shopping extravaganza was $78.68 until I noticed I forgot 2 cartons of eggs on the side ($5.98 for 2). All in all I'm feeling pretty good about the suppers this week and I might not have to think too hard about what's going to go in the lunches. I've still got a few odds and sods to pick up but I'm going to see if I can get by without them; if not, there will be another picture popping up this week.

Dinner List:

Monday: homemade pizza - toppings are the leftover taco meat from last week (mixed with cauliflower and carrots).

Tuesday: Soba noodles with broccoli and peanut sauce.

Wednesday: Roasted Cauliflower Soup with soda bread (I'm roasted the cauliflower at the same time as making the Kitchen Sink Bread).

Thursday: Breaded tofu sticks, potato salad and steamed honey carrots.

Friday: Pasta salad - farfalle noodles, feta, cucumbers, olives, cauliflower (this makes enough for all of us to have lunch on Saturday).

Saturday: lamb burgers and salad. The salad will be made from any cauliflower, broccoli and/or carrots I might have leftover from the week. If I've got none then it's homemade french fries. What would you prefer?!

Now, off to do that laundry that keeps growing. I might even get some granola and burritos made! The skies the limit. Seriously, all it took it Bella slamming into a bolder and I was done (oh, you know what scene I'm talking about)!

2 comments:

  1. We are almost having the same supper tonight. I bet I paid more than you did! I would definitely go for the french fries on Friday. I bet the kids would agree.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, the kids are good with pizza and waffles every night too. Have to say I like their tastes!
    Did you have a glass of wine with yours too?

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!