Thursday

Movies

And I'm not just talking about New Moon or any other Twilight inspired movie. *sigh*.

Alright, I'm better... The boys and I had the neighbours over to watch Ponyo this evening. I have to admit that I had a bit of trepidation when I got this from the library ("why for?", I wonder as the movie is free from the library - one of those great secrets only nerdy library types know about). I'm not a big Anime fan. I find it all a little dark (and icky - remember Sailor Moon - wierd). Luckily S. loves the stuff or we would miss a ton of really good animation. Ponyo is definitely at the top of my list of all time favourites. Not only was the animation great but the story itself was fantastic. It was happy, sad, mystical and entertaining all in one. Not a bad go of it for a show about a little goldfish.

I have a feeling that tomorrow I'm going to wish I had saved the movie. It's snowing outside. It looks like a good 2 inches already and it's still going strong. I'm guessing snow day. I'm guessing I don't have enough wine. TGIF!

3 comments:

  1. Dear God, not a snow day. Please. There is not enough wine. Oh, and the director of Ponyo (I'm forgetting his name, darn baby brain) has several other lovely movies--Spirited Away (Luke's all time favorite movie, which he's seen at least 25 times), Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ser, are you really posting at 3:02 am? I guess that's life with a four month old, eh? Give fairy god kissed to my baby! xxxx

    Tracy - I totally agree with you... I always had the idea that anime was a bit creepy, too. Glad to hear that it's not all like that... not that I'll be watching it anytime soon (fingers crossed!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got mixed emotions about anime, too. I guess like anything else, there's a time and a place for it but when you're itching for some Spongebob, Miyazaki just doesn't cut it (and perhaps even more so, vice versa).

    The kids have watched Ponyo but I haven't - I'll have to put it on the list!

    and sorry about the snow... I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!