Saturday

Update: He's bumped his head!

Pretty sure the old lady won't be able to get of bed in the morning!
This is the tilled up garden bed! Aside from the water... darn water... it's ready for manure and top soil. Next weekend though... I'm too tired now...
Did I mention I don't own a wheelbarrow yet? My husband, God love him, took half of the sod to the back corner and packed it down so I can plant stuff in that corner and/or use it as a compost area. I'm obviously not as adventurous as him as I took one trip and realized that pushing the kids little, plastic, wheelbarrow just wasn't going to work for me. Yes, yes, that's how I got it to the corner - those little wheelbarrows are about 2 feet off the ground. You have to slouch down to push it and it really hurts your back to be bent like that - got the mental picture yet? Great. Now stop laughing. Anyway, I packed some of the sod up and built a little wall. I thought I could toss in some stones and flowers and make a little rock garden at the end of the garden - any opinions on this?

One more pic on the lake and the mound of sod/dirt/worm/mud. I only lost my shoe twice in this and only walked in it barefoot for about 15 or 20 minutes.... I was a mess! But all in all, it was pretty darn fun! The kids even got involved which is saying something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!