Thursday

Dinner.


I think I'm smitten with Smitten Kitten. Or I'm hungry. Or I'm food obsessed. It's a toss up really... I was on her site today and was looking for a cake recipe but totally missed it and went right to the breakfast page (apparently I get sidetracked easily - hence all the brackets in my writing...). Well anyway, there is a lovely looking recipe for Huevos Rancheros that I'm pretty sure is going to be on my table this evening (Honey, guess what we're having for dinner)! This is a pretty easy recipe and quite frankly, we have it often, but without the egg (we will be eggless this evening as we had an omelet last night for dinner and two nights in a row is pushing it, even for me). Tomatoes with Cumin, Onion, Plain Yogurt, Black beans = yum!

So thank you to Ms. R. for the lovely tortilla recipe (which I will share one day if she gives permission to or if anyone seems interested). I'm going to make the dough now and let it sit and then it will be all ready to roll out and fry on my lovely little skillet. I can hardly wait. If you ever make these I highly, highly, highly recommend buying Mexican cheese. It melts everywhere and just tastes sooo darn yummy with salsa or guac. or black beans.... Mmmmm... I can hardly wait (did I say this already)!

And as a added bonus little E. and I made Pineapple Macadamia Upside Down Cupcakes today! He's been hounding me all morning for cupcakes and since we didn't make a cake on Tuesday I thought I should probably appease him and throw something in the oven. He's quite a good little helper and even knows to level off the flour before putting it in the bowl (of course he does this outside the flour bag but you can't have everything can you?). Handy little man! We aren't going to wait until this evening to taste these that would just be wrong - I'm going to have one in 15 minutes with a cup of Earl Grey. What a divine day it is. Hope yours is too.
Note: E.'s comments when they came out of the oven, "Mmm... sloppy and good". And they are - be sure to run a knife around the outside before you turn them out or you'll have a messy, mess, mess, mess. Not that I know from experience or anything...

3 comments:

  1. Share away! Don't forget to make some Salsa de R, too. Don't tell my kids, though... they'd eat homemade tortillas every meal for a month if I would make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it! They are deliciouso!!! I'm thinking Nutella and a tortilla might be pretty darn appetizing too.... I'm sick, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little sick, yes. Luckily, it's the kind of sickness I can get behind! I'm making tortillas tomorrow night for C's 11th birthday dinner. When should I tell her that I've come to the conclusion that I must not be her mom because I'm much too young to have an 11-year-old?

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!