Wednesday

Once a Week Wine.

And so here it is... The selection for the day is a lovely little number called Gouguenheim (as you can see from the label - I'm not judging your ability to see/read/understand, I was merely completing a sentence). And I have to give it the big ol' thumbs up 'cause it's really quite good. If you live in the area Housewine sells this one (oh, there's a surprise) and be sure to tell them I sent you - I'm hoping one day Donnie will start giving me a discount (I suppose there's only the 4 readers in Columbus so that's not bound to happen any time soon).

What I like about the wine is that there are no strong flavours that make you squint your face in an odd way (and as I'm getting older it's really better that I try not to squint my face in an odd way or it might stay that way or God for bid, give me wrinkles). I think it would probably taste best with a light fish or a simple chicken dish but I'm no expert and I'm not eating either.... But I have to say it's darn satisfying straight out of a glass while you're watching a Sponge Bob Squarepants repeat (it's sad that I know it's a repeat isn't it?).

I am truly sorry to inform everyone that I haven't been drinking much wine lately (very, very sorry) but I've been busy keeping the Mexican Tequila companies in business. As the weather warms up I feel myself being drawn to those darn Margaritas and any other little "girlie" drinks that might be out there but I'll try my best (I'm always willing to sacrifice myself for my readers) to post about new wines occasionally (perhaps it's time to switch to whites!!!). If you've tried anything good lately let me know (wine or otherwise). I do read the comments section! Until tomorrow...or the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!