Saturday

The New Six Pack.

Went to Trader Joe's this week... and look what I found! A magical bag to hold your wine. Six bottles nestled in gorgeous maroon fabric - *sigh*. Being green was never closer to my heart than it is right now. Thank you to the smart people at Trader Joe's. And the truly fabulous part about this bag/container/magic contraption, it's only 99 cents. Go figure. They're practically giving them away. Wouldn't they make great Christmas presents, Hostess gifts, "I love you 'cause you smiled at me" gifts? Oh, the possibilities are endless.

If you haven't purchased yours yet, what are you waiting for? Someone else is going to snap them up (Me?) and there won't be anymore OR some non-wine drinker is going to buy them and use them to put water or juice in or some other type of bottle OR Trader Joe's is going to figure out they've made a grave mistake and priced them too low and before you know it they'll be $2.99. Could happen - of course, Trader Joe's isn't Wal-mart so maybe not (oh, little jab).

I'm hoping that once again I've been living under a rock (we've already established that this has happened to me on more than one occasion) and that great stores across North America are carrying these bags (I'm thinking Sunflower Market in Colorado has to have something like this). Getting my wine put in 11 different paper bags or a brown cardboard box just irks me - oh, but wait, that's not going to happen anymore because I've got this handy dandy little bag. Unfortunately, I only got one for myself (I did get one for some of my friends as well). I plan on getting a second - after all, you get that 10% discount when you buy a case! Mmmm... a thrifty wine drinker - we're a rare breed!

Oh, did you happen to notice that when I bought the bag I had to fill it? I'm missing a bottle in the picture but trust me the bag was full... I'll let you know how the wine drinking goes - we tried the Purple Moon Merlot already and I quite liked it. It's great with stews and soups but not so great with plain chicken. Ick. Oh, and the Torres was good too - also good with soups and tomato based dishes. A. wasn't overly fond of it but he drank it anyway (he's picky like that). Be forewarned, It's got a little plastic bull on the top so be sure to buy as many as you have kids (they fight over the bull - darn kids). It's a tough life being a parent but someone has to do it. Enjoy your wine drinking folks and please, be responsible, do it environmentally!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen one at Sunflower but then again, still no wine sales in "regular" stores here so that may be the reason.

    Either way, mighty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you found a new purse!! Never again will you route around looking for your phone when it rings or your keys or snacks for the kids...so many compartments...so many possiblities!! Yes, use one for wine or in your case two!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!