Sunday

I know what I did yesterday!

A "before" shot. This was a picture I took when we were looking to buy the house. The wallpaper should have been a deterrent. All-in-all it's a nice kitchen but those cabinets hanging over the counter had to go. I've banged my head on it one too many times! I also thought that it would create a more uniform space; I'm no interior decorator and I was a little scared to see if I was about to make a HUGE mistake...
A "during" picture! We took off the back of the cupboards and this is what was there -pieces missing and everything! I think A. had a great time ripping it all apart but he won't admit it!

Another "during" picture. They're down and we're feeling pretty good about what we found. Phew, it could have been so much worse. But what exactly is going on with that side of the cupboard??? Yah, we still don't know.


The finished product. It opened up the space and made the fireplace room and the kitchen feel like all one unit. We added corkboards and a keyring holder to cover up the big mess that was there. A big improvement and a lot better than spending 10 grand on new cupboards, I think... Next up, removing that wallpaper and painting!!! Oh so fun.



3 comments:

  1. Wow!! What an improvement! The kitchen looks so much bigger and much more updated. Congrats to you and your wrecking crew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I need to talk to you more for some home improvement inspiration. Or we could do a "you help me I help you" project swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, I didn't see the during picture when I saw your kitchen yesterday. It does look like they did a cabinet refinishing on them, where they put stuff on existing cabinets and then new doors. Interesting. I'm on for wallpaper fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!