Sunday

I am the Queen.

Exhibit A.
Exhibit B.

I believe I've used this title before. I think it was for something different. This time I'm calling myself 'The Queen of Unfinished Projects'. It's true. I'm not ashamed - remember the desk? Not done. The dresser? Not done. The chair? The other chair? Yah, you don't know about the chairs because I haven't mentioned them. The newest project is the cupboards above my counter. I hate them. Let me rephrase that, I HATE THEM! I know, Hate is such a strong word but really, they're just awful. I hit my darn head on them at least once a day. Just irks that crap out of me - and I usually swear. Not that I'm a good swearer but I could be if I really tried.

Anyhoo. I think I can do it. It's not going to be pretty but it needs to happen. It needs to happen soon. If my whole kitchen falls apart when I take them down I'll let you know. Oh, I hope that doesn't happen. That would be bad. A little funny maybe...

7 comments:

  1. Queen? That's a little lofty, right? But I guess if you want to be the Queen of unfinished projects, then go ahead. Better to be the Queen of Lazy or the Queen of Super Mario Karts. What needs to happen to finish your project? Motivation? Support? Supervision? Let me know. I'm available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! Do it! Do it! You'll be less annoyed by the unsightly hole in your ceiling (I'm kidding... I hope!) than those headbonkers!!

    I'd sneak in and tear them down for you if you weren't so darned far away! Drat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here for you, too. (Those of us who know the Queen certainly don't want to see her when she's angry... or after a head bonking incident! Because then we laugh, uncontrollably, and it's OFF WITH OUR HEADS!!)

    And of course you know I'm DYING to get my hands on that wallpaper... you could have a mini kitchen makeover in no time!! Just say the word, bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now... that wallpaper might appeal to Tracy's inner granny...

    Or she might want some from Ferm Living...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn Ferm Living and their crazy ass prices! I soooo love everything they have - so much better than apartment pink & blue wallpaper no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO much better and SO much pricier. I also love "Graham and Brown" and "Mibo" wallpaper. Of course, I'm terrible at straight lines so that might be why I never put it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that you will feel pretty good with a sledgehammer in your hand... Might tear the drywall or the wallpaper (I am thinking you don't really mind) but what the heck...just another thing that you will become Queen of!!

    Good luck!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!