Friday

Dinner.

Looks like quite a production doesn't it? It's just a bit of prep work - quite easy, don't be scared!
Oh, so pretty! Eggplant, bits of cheese, and yummy tomato sauce. It's Fall in a slow cooker. *sigh*


Last night I made Eggplant Parmesan for my family. They all ate it - all of them! This rarely happens in my house - unless it's cheese and crackers and a cut up apple. But to have them all eat a vegetable smothered in more vegetables is just a miracle. Wait, I should admit to you that my children do eat veggies on a regular basis. It's not unheard of; however, Eggplant is a whole different matter. I don't get it - it's actually pretty when you see it growing in a garden!


Just in case you'd like to make this for your family, you can find the basic recipe in the Miserly Mom book. I made my own sauce (for which I have no recipe - I throw stuff in a blender, simmer it on the stove and voila, sauce) and I didn't egg the eggplant (oh, so many things to say here...). I browned the eggplant slices in a skillet on the oven - no oil - and then placed them in the slow cooker. I did sprinkle them with bread crumbs but about 1/4 cup per layer. Oh, and I didn't have mozzerella cheese so I just use the bits in my fridge (everything from goats cheese to Kraft cheese cubes). It's all a little vague - sorry about that. Anyway, it's friday and I think you have to excuse me my craziness on friday, it's a rule somewhere...


A special thank you to my neighbours for all the tomatoes and the eggplant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!