Thursday

Blech.

No, the cupboard isn't removed yet. No, the dresser isn't done yet. No, the chair is not done; nor is the desk. Did I tell you our neighbour gave us a piano? It needs to be oiled and tuned and well, put together. Not done. The hole in the ceiling where the plumber 'fixed' our shower? Not sealed yet.

So what have I been doing? I scrubbed the toilets today. I scraped miles of dried soap off the 3 bathroom sinks. I did the dishes - lots and lots of dishes - and now you can't tell because we ate one meal and the sink is full! I worked in the garden. I played hockey. I went and bought cleaning supplies and new sheets from Target.

A whole day has passed - a whole week has passed - a whole summer has passed - and not one of the things on my list is done. I'm irritated. Can you tell????

3 comments:

  1. My list or "not done" is far, far longer than my list of "done" and I feel your pain. Every week starts out with the best intentions and even when I feel like I've accomplished a lot I always seem to have an annoying list of "meant to do it" things. At least your bathrooms are clean! Your kids (and yourself) have eaten some healthful, homecooked meals. I bet you got some exercise. I bet Putty got some (lots of) snuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True enough R! You know me so well. I did finally get the piano put together and I'm hoping the desk might make an appearance by the end of the week. Here's hoping. I should just be happy the toilets are clean - that's a freakin' miracle around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's miraculously clean potties and put-together pianos!

    I've got the floors in my sights today... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!