Thursday

Voila Pt. 2

This was the kitchen with the wallpaper but after we took off the cupboards. I'm thinking that was last fall (notice the zucchini and all the tomatoes?).
I took this picture of the kitchen when we came to look at the hosue in June 2008. We've changed the flooring, removed those cupboards on the left and taken off the wallpaper. Nothing too dramatic - dramatic is just not in the budget. But a can of paint and a new floor makes a big difference (let me believe that okay?).

Here's the 'Voila' part. White walls 'cause I'm so original and yes, that's a chalkboard you see there on the bottom cupboard. Oh, another bandwagon I got on! (Yes, I could have put the dishes away but I wanted to add a touch of realism to the picture - go with it...)

All the holes are gone in the ceiling (where the cupboard was removed) and I think the white combined with the floor actually make the space a little bigger. I'd like to eventually get a couple of stools for the counter. That's it. All done. What a big bunch of hoopla. I'm tired now... time for a beer.
Or wine?

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It's amazing what a difference a few (incredibly time-consuming and still expensive but not bad relative to a complete overhaul) changes can make.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work, my friend! Is there ANYTHING left on "the list"??? Looks so good and I can't wait to see it in person. How does sometime the week of May 30 - June 5 sound?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that "178 et vin?" Tres chic! (As is the redo!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!