Tuesday

OMG time flies.

Mondays shopping trip $108.78 - a trip to Trader Joe's and a trip to Target (for peanut butter. Skippy is on sale for $4.74). I still have a few pantry items from last week (carrots, celery, zucchini) that I had to use up. It went well as a meat sauce for last nights penne and it'll be extra special in the lasagna for this evenings meal (Mr. A is dancing at work right now just thinking about it). Tomorrow is a night out at this house (or at least there better be some sort of take-out) and then Thursday and Fridays meal will be homemade chinese (see the dumplings and the shu mai) and polenta fries with some sort of salad - respectively. We're hoping for a sunny Saturday and/or Sunday as my neighbour has promised me a meal of tortellini salad and sea breezes!
The left side of the above picture. See those potatoes? I'm dreaming of an Italian Potato Salad. Mmm.... (Italian Potato Salad is boiled potatoes, chopped onion, and a salad dressing made of red wine vinegar, the above pictured olive oil, s&p, and dijon mustard.)
The right side of the photo above. The kids cliff bars are for S.'s lunch. I'm trying to branch out a little more for him. He hasn't bought his lunch once this year (poor thing) - just homemade stuff - so I thought he deserved a treat. My kids are suckers for these granola bars - me too. I love the chocolate brownies. Mmmm....
See the Edamame in the picture? I've never made it before. I'm not sure my kids are going to fall for them. They're a little green to sneak into a wrap but perhaps if I mush them and make them into a dip? Any suggestions? The kids haven't had Fondue either! Oh, doesn't that seem like it would be fun? Hot cheese, kids with sharp sticks and an open flame.... I'm shaking with excitement!

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! Edamame+dash of salt+no rules against eating with fingers = happy kids (unless he only eats cheese... sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of your 'cheese only' option a lot. It's got me eating a whole different bunch of cheeses! Did you see the old cheddar with peppers? Mmm...

    I'll give the edamame a try - do you boil them, steam, deep fry (hee hee..)?

    Loved the baby foxes by the way. Adorable! I miss the ones that used to go by our place. We have coyotes and for some reason it's not really the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad my son's culinary Turette's has inspired you to greater heights in cheesedom.

    I steam them or I quickly cook them in a pan with a few tablespoons of water. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!