Thursday

What Should be Isn't!

It's Thursday night. I should be heading out with the girls this evening. I should have a glass of wine in my hand by 7:30. I should be rubbing elbows with the folks at House Wine. I should be out relaxing and having a wonderful kid/husband free evening. I look forward to Thursdays. I'm a stay at home mom. I don't work outside, EVER and aside from the occasional trip to the shoe store or kids playing/mommy talking morning, I don't get to see my girlfriends.

I won't be heading out tonight. I will be sitting at home. As you might know The Columbus Blue Jackets are playing at home this evening! Go Jackets Go! My husband has tickets, again, and so he will be there, which means I will be here. We don't have a babysitter yet. I'm not in a big rush to find one. It's worked so far and as the kids get older the need for a babysitter gets smaller. My husband and I usually take turns going out and so that gives the kids time to be with just one parent - they prefer it to be dad 'cause they see me all the time! I prefer it to be dad too (hee hee).

Anyway, if I could be out tonight I think I would have a wonderful Reisling. I had a lovely glass full at House Wine last friday and if I could remember the name of it...darn it... anyway, it was great. I'm thinking of popping over to House Wine today and getting a bottle just so I have something to enjoy when the kids go to sleep. Cross your fingers for me in the hopes that I actually get there. If I don't it will be a, just as wonderful, glass of tap water - with ice cubes and maybe a splash of lemon.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy the evening. My last girl's night out? I am sure it was 4 years ago before Jake was born!!! I was out the other evening for a haircut and it happened to be at bedtime. I was so worried! But when I got home, I felt rushed the whole time by the way, Jake was in bed and Max was asleep in his father's arms. So...now I just need the opportunity and I am back out there! Soon... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're more than welcome to join us! We'd love to have you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!