Tuesday

Rainy, Chilly, Whatever...


No matter what the weather may be, cold, hot, rainy... I have to say that I love having soup for supper. Love. Love. Love. It's just one of those things that sends tingly sensations all the way down to my toes. Think about the smell of a hot chicken soup bubbling away on the stove - carrots, celery, onion, and chicken stock... Mmmm.... Whether you prefer a cream based soup or a stock based soup, I bet you also like the warm baked bread smothered in butter that usually accompanies said soup, or the crunchy and simple saltine crackers (also great to ward off that pesky morning sickness or for mornings after the night before...). There's something so utterly comfortable about a cup of soup.

Tonight at my house is a soup night. Quick, easy and filling. A nice tame chicken soup; onion, carrots, sweet potato (diced), chicken and a homemade soup stock. Yep, yum. One of the easiest, healthiest and "I don't have to fight with the kids" meals! I would have loved to throw in some curry or ginger, maybe add some pumpkin dumplings on the top but *sigh* this is not to be... Hope you have a happy meal time at your house tonight as well and if you've got a few moments perhaps you'd like to read these little bits on soup:

1. Okay, it's called "The Soup". It's not about soup so much as gossip. But it has some funny points - careful you don't spit soup out your nose while reading it (has this ever happened to you???)

2. An actual blog on soup (and bread). I especially like the recipe for vegan groundnut stew - I haven't tried it but it sounds quite interesting - even the name is catchy.
3. Or for the recipe poor here are a few places to check for that perfect pot of soup/chili/stew: allrecipes, food network, country living

4. And Campbell's - because how can you have a note on soup and not mention them???

2 comments:

  1. Tuscan eggplant soup for lunch today. Weird? Yes... and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture made me NEED chicken soup. I had some picked over chicken bones in the fridge, so we had chicken and rice soup for dinner. My belly is happy! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!