Saturday

As summer approaches

It's been a long time since I've talked about wine. Have you been missing it? Yes? Well, so have I quite frankly. But tonight, no more, I've cracked open a bottle of Barefoots' Pinot Grigio and it's hitting the spot. It's not an expensive wine and probably not an affluent company (of this I do not know but it's sold by the case loads in Giant Eagle so I'm suspecting it's not) but it seems to win quite a few awards. Not this particular bottle however - it is the Official Wine of Pro Beach Volleyball 2008 (that says it all right there doesn't it).

The warm weather is pulling me towards white wines so I suspect we'll be hearing a lot about those or perhaps even warm weather drinks like Bahama Mamas or Pina Coladas! Oh, I sooo like an umbrella drink. I've got some Blue Caracao sitting on my counter anxiously awaiting Lemonade (anyone having flashbacks to University). I'm always interested to see how peoples choices change depending on the weather and so please feel free to let me know what you'll be enjoying this summer. I'm going to sit back in my big chair and drink this bottle of Barefoot. Have a good evening and enjoy the lovely weather wherever you are...

If you're in Colorado sit tight and have a hot chocolate for me! If you're in Manitoba, you might want to blow up a dingy and if you're somewhere near Lake Superior, well, hopefully spring is fast approaching, have a beer!

As an aside: If you haven't already bought it, rush out and get the new Tragically Hip C.D! They are my husbands favourite and if you buy the C.D. this is what will happen: 1. You get to sleep in. 2. The dishes get done without having to ask anyone. 3. The coffee will be made when you wake up.... *sigh* I think I fell in love all over again with the help of The Hip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!