Wednesday

Favourite Places

The living room corner where you'll find me every night from 8-11 pm. The pictures aren't straight (they never are) and the kids jump on the couch (when I'm not looking) and I have more magazines than any one person needs.
These are the pictures I bought a couple of weeks ago. I purchased the frames from Target and Mr. A hung them up... It was a miracle. The mirror on the wall was one I was given by my uncle. A neighbour of his was going to throw it out! It was a very burnished gold but I had some handy dandy silver paint and a little kids paint brush. Now it's practically perfect for the space (meaning: it was free!).
The King Size bed! Yahoo. The bedroom is almost done. I'd like to rip up the rug and as you can tell I need a bedskirt. No one likes to look at a box spring... Remember I sleep here and I don't have a degree in photography (I have a little Kodak) so the pictures not perfect and neither is the room. I actually use the Jergens every night(and morning - keep moisturized!) and I always have to have a water glass (or two) beside my bed. I don't iron my sheets 'cause the kids jump on them too. I don't like things matchy-matchy either - just simple. I'm like that...
This is my husbands night stand (notice the water glass). The basket holds the phone, change from his pocket and a pen. The brown bin underneath holds all his other junk (magazines, magazines, and the other odd articles he might have). The photo above is a copy of our wedding invitation a friend had framed for us when we got married. It's yellowed and looks a bit 'off' but we can't pitch it - you know why...

3 comments:

  1. Aw, it's just how I remember your place in CO, pretty, homey, and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - muffins look great and so does the house!

    And.....who irons sheets!!!!!I try not to iron anything! hahaha

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good, T! I love how you are bringing your personality to all the nooks and crannies of your house. :) Glad that you found a use for the chair that just did not want to go with us!! Makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!