Monday

Dammmmittt.

  • Thank you to my friend Stacy for getting me addicted to saying that. It's great except when I'm at the school carnival and I forget and I say it out loud instead of in my head. Nothing like teaching a bunch of 1st graders a new word.
  • I made the mistake of stepping on the scale today. Dammmiittt! I knew I was gaining weight. My stomach was bigger than my jeans and my shirts weren't fitting properly. Apparently my diet of frou frou coffee and McDonald's chocolate milkshakes was working against me! Who knew? Anyway, I've decided it's time to get serious. I'm just going to accept the new weight and live with it. Yah, you heard me right. I'm officially 30 pounds heavier than I was before I had kids. But that was 10 years ago and I ain't no spring chicken. I like food. I eat (fairly) right. I exercise. So screw it. If I want to eat M&M's then I'm going to eat M&M's and I'm not going to feel guilt about it.
  • I just had a birthday. I think not only getting older, I'm also getting wiser. I'm getting more relaxed and dammmiiittt I'm happier!
  • I made a big bunch of granola today. I also happened upon puffed Kamut. I added it to the granola. It tastes freakin' fantastic. See? I totally eat healthy.
  • The garden is in full swing. The Iris's are blooming, the peas are a couple of inches long and so are the squash. I had my first drink on The Oasis with my friend Ser. We got a little red as well. It was fabulous.
  • We're making our summer plans. I'd like it to include a lot of beer, sitting around with my friends and swimming at the pool. So far, so good. What about you?

2 comments:

  1. Bad words, self acceptance, and granola... 3 of the things I like most about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fricken eh!!!!

    J

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!