Friday

Getting Ready.


It's Spring Vacation here. I should be somewhere warm with a swim up bar and sand stuck in unmentionable places. But I am not. I'm trying to make the most of 'spring' in Ohio. Rain, snow, clouds, more rain... you get it....

I am so truly blessed to receive the King Arthur Flour catalogue in the mail (there might be a hint of sarcasm there) and low and behold they had a recipe for a lovely Spring Sweet Bread. What better way to start of the warm bathing suit weather than with sweet bread? It's divine with a cup of tea, lemon curd and a good book. So make a loaf or two and curl up. We've got sunshine today!

Note: the King Arthur version calls for a few things that I had to make substitutions for...

1. Buttery Sweet Dough Flavour = 1 tsp. vanilla, grated orange rind, a splash of real orange juice (from an actual orange). I'm sure it's nothing like the real thing but it tasted great just the same.

2. Tropical Fruit Blend = a cup of chopped candied fruits I had leftover from Christmas. I actually thought I was going to make a fruitcake this year. Oh how I make myself chuckle...

3. The topping = It calls for an awful big amount of sugar and flour here - and more butter. I made less, probably half of what they call for, and still had plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!