Sunday

Soup.

Homemade Beef broth (you may substitute whatever you regularly use). Bring to a boil. Add a bunch of stuff. For instance all of or a combination of: celery, carrots, onions, garlic, edamame, bok choy or other cabbage, corn, bamboo shoots (eww), or water chestnuts. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the veggies are blanched.
Crunch up some Ramen noodles (yes, the ones you get for $0.75 at the grocery store) in a bowl or several bowls. Two packs easily feeds 4 of us. Leave the seasonings out. I pitch them but if you use them for another purpose or really want to have all that sodium in your soup then add them. Cover with a plate and let sit for 3 minutes.

As in the movie 'Ponyo', I usually take these to the table and tell everyone to close their eyes. Once their eyes are closed I add 'specials' like ham, cooked egg, chopped green onions, bacon or crunchy noodles. Everyone in my family LOVES this. I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!