Sunday

Before I forget.

I thought I would post what I plan on making for dinner this week - you know, before I forget... Dinner planning is one of my hardest jobs - really. Making a meal that four different people will like isn't as easy as it sounds. Some days I just stand and stare at my fridge hoping and praying that a meal will just jump out at me. Usually it doesn't and I end up getting all frazzled and falling to pieces. This is my life. It's not pretty.

If I'm lucky (like this week) I make a list of meals I can create from the stuff in my kitchen - sometimes I need help from the grocery store but hopefully, it's very little. Not only does this keep my on budget and/or keep me from becoming clinically insane (sort of) it also helps me use up some of the articles that have been taking up space - articles I buy because I become inspired by a certain recipe (that I later lose and still end up with 3 bottles of tumeric in my cupboard...). Here we go:

Sunday (tonight): Pulled pork on a bun with ranch potatoes and salad.
Monday: BBQ pork buns (meat done!) and garlic steamed broccoli.
Tuesday: Pork with rice and snowpeas and broccoli.
Wednesday: Chickpeas, peas and potatoes in curry sauce served over brown rice.
Thursday: Beef and rice balls in tomato sauce (I add grated veggies to the meatballs).
Friday: Baked fish with potato gratin and corn on the side. This will probably not pass with the kids - life isn't that simple but Mr. A will eat it happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!