Monday

Groceries.

I'm going to be busy making muffins, breakfast burritos, cookies, granola and a whole lot more. I didn't buy cereal again today. It really does make for a bit more work for me. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why I think not buying cereal makes a big difference. I've obviously got it on the brain and I'm not letting go.

I stuck to my list today - so far so good. Hopefully I've got enough there to keep everyone full and not whining about the lack of granola bars and snacks; by "everyone", I mean me... The total food expenditure for today was $104.34. Without a doubt fresh food is far more expensive than frozen and snack food - and the kids tend to eat more of it. I swear my boys will have the two bags of apples and all those bananas gone by Friday! Drives me nuts.

As a side note: I'm looking for a good Masala Curry Sauce recipe. Anyone out there have one?

Edit: I have since made these muffins from Smitten Kitchen. I haven't tasted them but they look exactly like the picture - so YUM! Also from Smitten Kitchen, these lovely looking peanut butter cookies of which I've already eaten 3. I'm not a big fan (3 and I don't really like them. what if I did?) they're a little dry and bland. I think I'm more partial to the sugar/butter laden ones that stick to the top of your mouth. Lastly, I also whipped up a batch of these chocolate breakfast muffins. TO DIE FOR! And not just for breakfast - especially if you add a little oat bran, flax seeds and walnuts - then they taste just like brownies! For an extra special treat, don't sprinkle with sugar at the end... instead... wait for it... use a sprinkling of coarse sea salt on the top of each. Oh, yes, yes, I did....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!