Saturday

Day 12: White Christmas (We'll follow the old man)


The Grasshopper Martini. I'd like to preface this story by saying that in Ontario you only have to be 19 to drink...

When I was younger it was just my mom and I home for Christmas. My parents were divorced and my brothers were much older than I and had already left home. On Christmas Eve the two of us would make up a platter of munchies, mix ourselves grasshoppers and sit down to watch White Christmas. Till this day "We'll follow the old man..." brings a tear to my eye (alright, I sob).

The Grasshopper we had last night was pretty darn good though slightly different than I'd had before. In the recipe above, they added cream - we added ice cream and milk. I prefer the 'shake' version but the one we had last night was good enough to remind me of sitting next to my mom watching Bing and Danny sing.

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a White one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!