Tuesday

Day 4: Keeping the Vanilla in Christmas.

Yes, by now we're all growing a little tired of vanilla vodka but I'm happy to say I'm completely out. PHEW! The little bit I had left was enough to make a Vanilla Alexander Martini. I don't think I've ever purchased vanilla vodka, however, I think I would just to make this drink. It' s a version of the chocolate martini we had on Day 1 but the shaved chocolate and cream just make it dreamy. This is by far my favourite yet. It's like hot cocoa on a cold winters day... with a shot of something special.

Recipe:
1 oz. vanilla vodka (even better if you've made it yourself...)
1 oz. creme de cacao
1 oz. cream (use cream - you deserve it)
shaved chocolate (Again, use the good stuff. You only need a small amount.)

Fill a shaker with ice. Add vodka, creme, and cream. Shake until well mixed. Strain into glasses and top with shredded chocolate. I bet it would taste even better with melted chocolate around the rim. Doesn't everything? I'm all about extravagance this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!