Saturday

Day 6: Breakfast Coffee.

I don't know about you but my day does not officially start until I've had my first cup of coffee. While it's brewing I thank God for it - literally! And if for some reason I don't get that oh, so delicious, first cup of coffee I'll have a headache by noon. And I'm cranky as all heck by two. The thing is I always seem to brew too much coffee (yes, there is such a thing). I can drink one cup, maybe two, three is the max and yet, for some reason there is always some left over. I don't know if I'm hoping for the cast and crew of The Wizard of Oz to show up or what, but the pot is almost never empty.

And what to do with all that leftover coffee? Well, I know some people throw it out around noon thinking they won't drink it and I'll love to say that I'm one of those people but you just never know if you'll want a cup of cold coffee around four... No one ever does UNTIL - dun, dun, dun - The Coffee Martini! Yippee. It's cheapskates dream. Okay, that's not entirely true. The recipe calls for fresh brewed Espresso but I tried it with 1/2 day old coffee and it was damn good. Cost effective too! And I didn't add the beans. In truth I didn't want to risk the choking thing. It would have been a real bummer. However, if you happened to go to The Human Bean and order a coffee (might I recommend anything without chocolate - tell them I sent you...), you could always save the chocolate covered bean for your nightly martini... Two birds, one stone...

2 comments:

  1. I might have to try this one before our (chilly) trip to see the lights at the Denver Botanic Gardens. I could stay awake and warm all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!