Thursday

Day 10: Mouthwash or Something slightly better?

Hammonds Candy Canes. I hear they are divine. I think I saw them on the Food Network at some point but maybe not... They look good, they sound good (with names like all natural butterscotch and cabernet candy cane...) and so you'd think it would be a good idea for a martini. Honestly, as one who's not big on the whole peppermint idea in the first place, I should have known a Candy Cane Martini wasn't the drink for me.

It's easy peasey to make: vanilla vodka, chocolate vodka (Godiva, mmmm) and peppermint schnapps. Schnapps in general are yummy but alas, not like this. It was all a little strong quite frankly (yes, this is coming from me). I bet if Mr. A had used one of the recipes listed on google (there's got to be a hundred of the things) perhaps it would have turned out differently. Perhaps if he had used the creamy liqueur type Godiva and not the vodka Godiva it would have won me over. But he didn't. And so I bid this drink Adieu. Hope you have better luck.

1 comment:

  1. I love peppermint in most things...but this just sounds yucky! Maybe because you likened it to mouthwash? Hope Day 11 is something that you enjoy much more, even if it doesn't leave your breath minty fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!