Thursday

My Monday in pictures.

These are the grocery bags I brought in and emptied. Then I realized I should have taken a picture of everything that was in them... oops... Trust me, they were full. Very, very full. I'm hoping that next week all I have to buy is milk and flour. Cross your fingers 'cause there's not much left in the bank account for anything else!
Probably because I bought a LOT of this kind of stuff! It's summer and around here that means there's going to be snacking - and more snacking and probably not a real meal to be found. I try to keep our 'snacks' fairly filling so you'll notice theres bagels, nuts, carrots and tortellini's on the menu. The kids aren't yet aware that most of this is good for them and if any of you tell them you're going to be in trouble!
I just threw this picture in 'cause I was sooo happy to find this in my garden! The peas are up and producing and E and I are eating them faster than any thing. I don't think they'll make it into the house but who can get mad at a kid eating raw peas?! The squash plants are in full bloom now too. The backyard is a sea of yellow flowers. With any luck the squash borers won't get at the plants and I'll be able to have a boatload of goodness. I'm currently battling the slugs - they're winning...


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know we're not the only ones who keep the Pirate Booty folks in business over the summer. An actual meal over the summer is a rarity for us -- we're much more likely to grab a handful of this or a mouthful of that while running through the house.

    It's not tidy but it sure is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOWN WITH THE SLUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!