Wednesday

Garden dinners.

I was fretting about dinner on Monday. Then, I took the dog out for a walk and noticed that E.'s peas were ready to go and the sage plant is so full I'm wondering how to use it up. A little inspiration was all it took! The above picture was Monday's dinner - in olive oil. I took the veggies out, being sure to leave some of the oil in the pan, and put the sage leaves in. All was served over the Trader joes medley. Mmm.... super yummy.

Last night was hot dogs at the pool and tonight - more of the peas, some noodles and homemade chicken stock. Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup! It's not just for winter. I'm thinking we go south of the border tomorrow night for a big, gross plate of nachos! You can come too... bring the beer!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm...sage! I highly recommend potato and sage pizza (but I skip the rosemary, double the sage, and use smoked mozzarella - I bet it would be great topped with fresh chives from your garden, too!)

    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Potato-Sage-and-Rosemary-Pizza-237307

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Tracy, that sounds like it was delicious. I LOVE using fresh-from-the-garden herbs and veggies...gives me a happy feeling. And Robin's pizza suggestion above sounds FAB too!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!