Saturday

Saturday at the market.

CRAZY BUSY! I got there around 9:15 am - it opens at 9. The egg lady had 4 dozen eggs left. I bought two and the lady behind me bought two. So as it would seem today is the day that you don't want to sleep in.

And there were people everywhere. Lolligaggers! If you would allow me to rant for just a moment; the very morning section of the market time should be reserved for those of us who know exactly where we're going and what we want. If you've got mom and dad or grandma with you and you're just 'showing them the sights of Worthington' then please, come later. Like 10. I only need 15 minutes to get from end to end.

Alright, sorry. I'm done... I did get my two dozen eggs so I was quite happy. I even ventured out and got a couple of kohlrabi. No, I've never cooked them before but I thought they would be a nice addition to my vinegar potato salad. Just a little 'crunch' to spice things up a bit. I also bought a zuccini to make a couple of fritters. My kids will actually eat those - even better if I put a little applesauce on the side. And that was it.

I apologize also for not posting dinner menus lately. I've been a slacker lately (translation: it's too hot and humid to eat anything other than peanut butter and banana sandwiches) and meals just haven't been made - aside from last nights hot dogs and baked beans (sooo yummy). I'm slowly adjusting to summer (very, very slowly) and I'm hoping things will pick up this week (I'm out of bananas). I'll try to keep you posted.

One great thing that has come from the heat is the Shandy. I know I was buying the bottles and yes, they are delicious BUT I went back to the old version - just plain ol' beer and lemonade and I'm even happier now (translation: I checked the bank book and Miller light and a bottle of Minute Maid Lemonade is cheaper than a 12 pack of ready made Shandys). What's your drink of the summer? Are you mixing it up? Making Mojitos and trying to use the mint in your garden? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!