Friday

The grass is doing well.

The Clover is too and the 10 crows in my backyard tell me that they're all quite happy as well. Unfortunately for most everything else in my garden, the rain is slowing stuff down -or perhaps its the Black Walnut tree. The above is a picture of my radishes. These are the only ones I could salvage. I think that I'm probably lacking a ton of nutrients in my soil - perhaps it's all been washed away by the rain?!
See the little birds nest? Thankfully there was no eggs in it. It fell from my maple tree and landed 'smack' onto the patio slabs. I think it's a nice addition to the little bush don't you? I have a little fairy garden door on the opposite side of the tree. It's all quite magical.

The Dragon's Tongue (I just love that name) is in bloom. I quite like the soft blue blooms next to that vibrant burgandy. It looks even better in person! I'm hoping this spreads and/or they have more of it next year at the nursery.

My two curly garlics are going along about their business. I'd like for those to spread as well - cross your fingers. I'm not sure if they do.... the onions have gone to bloom; see them in the back? And that is a sunflower with the big leaves from bird seed - thanks to Miss K. for taking pictures for me last year! They pop up everywhere! I'm hoping for more - natural birdfood!!!
This is the amaranth I bought in the spring. It's not taking off at a fast rate (again, nothing is) but it's gorgeous just the same. On the tag it said you could use the leaves like spinach. Has anyone tried this? And when can I do that? I expect it to get quite tall - perhaps I should read the tag. Yes, I kept it. I can't rely on my memory or my knowledge of flowers to get me by! I think I'm still waiting for that pregancy brain to go away... it's been 5 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!