Saturday

Dinner Menu for the week.

It's been raining quite a bit. There's a lake in my backyard. It seems that there's always a lake in my backyard. I really have to work on that rain garden. It's a might bit soggy over there...
Luckily, the rain stopped long enough for E. and I to walk/run/skip/jump downtown and go to the local farmers market. Today was "Go Green Day". I love our little town and all their little gimmics to keep us all happy.
I didn't spend a whole lot, never really do and that's one good reason to shop locally! The potatoes you see were the same price as the bars of soap ($1.00 for both). The soap is made by a place called Marvin Goods. It's glycerin and so far it seems lovely. No scent, pure glycerin and rain water! Fabulous! If you interested you can email them at: clanmarvin@gmail.com and remember it's only 50 cents a bar. I'm also looking into rain barrels from a guy who lives down the street. They deliver and each barrel is $70. Not too shabby.
I'm hoping the plants I got will make it to the fall. There's rosemary, eggplant and a black pepper plant. Cross your fingers! I'm dreaming, dreaming, dreaming of veggie lasagnas and caponatas - as I watch a squirrel dig through the herb garden. Darn squirrels.
Anyway, I ramble... Here's this weeks dinner list. I'm not sure what order they'll be in. Tonight might be roast chicken but I'm currently feeling a little sluggish so it could be nachos and cheese instead...
1. roast chicken, rice and asparagus (from the market today).
2. pizza w/ chicken, spinach and camembart cheese.
3. lentil burgers with salad (lettuce from the garden, shredded apple and carrots).
3. quiche with ham and spinach (also from the garden).
4. chicken soup w/homemade bread (I'm putting flax seed, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds in the bread in hopes of lowering A. and my cholesterol levels).
5. chili
6. baked potatoes with chili and cheese.
And that should take us to next Saturday - market day. The first week in June is the first day of our new Tuesday market! Oh, I'm so excited. Until the garden comes in it really does make it easier to have two market days. I go through a ton (TON) of eggs in our house. I asked the local egg lady if they are going to be at the market... they don't know yet though they are really hoping to be. They make an awesome chicken chorizo. Mmmm.... hungry yet?

1 comment:

  1. Soggy indeed! Your market sounds really terrific. I haven't made it to the Drake market yet this year - maybe next weekend. Your menu sounds great as always. I'll take a shipment of glycerin soap next chance you get - sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!