Saturday

Simply Saturday.

On such a dark and dreary and cold day such as this what a great day to have homemade pizza. I've lost my yummy pizza dough recipe - misplaced... lost... it's all the same when you're frantically looking through the cupboards. I had a craving or I really would have given up looking for the recipe after 5 minutes. Darn cravings. Anyway, it turns out that as long as the dough is homemade we're all happy. Yes, we could have ordered out but nobody in our house really likes the store bought pizzas - oh, we'll eat them we just aren't enjoying them as much (or so my family tells me...).

I thought I might experiment today, I had some mashed potatoes to use up and you betcha I put them on the pizza! If you throw on some crumbled bacon and some mozzarella it tastes just like - wait for it.... - Pierogy Pizza! It was awesome! I think I might try to use sour cream as the base next time or cottage cheese or something along those lines but the olive oil I used this time worked just fine. Yes, we Canadians can pretty much put cheese and bacon on anything and we'll eat it with relish. It's a sad fact but a true one and weirdly enough, it's one I'm immensely proud of. I should have posted a picture of the pizza too but it vanished quite quickly...
Side Note:
I should let you know that I only put 3 pieces of bacon on the pizza (when crumbled it goes far) and that the 2nd pizza I made was vegetarian - peppers, onion, tomatoes and cheese. I am trying to cut down the amount of meat we eat but for us omnivores it's not always easy - and frankly, my husband is more of a carnivore than an omnivore.

2 comments:

  1. Go meat!

    Not only is it a funny commercial but how we announce to Poppy that her raw meat dinner is ready.

    Go on with your carnivorous selves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T, had some AWESOME mashed potato pizza in CT this summer. They used a garlic white sauce that was to die for. I love mashed potatoes, but thought it was crazy to put it on pizza. I am a believer now! Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!