Wednesday

*Sigh*

E. Bean (4 years), "Mooommmmm, I'm hungry".
Mom (never mind my age), "Here's some yogurt with cereal - enjoy".
E. Bean, "THANKS MOM! This is sooo good! You're the bestest cook ever!!!".

Now, if only the rest of life was that easy and with that good of results. I'm not asking for much am I?

I'm sure my husband will be singing a different song when he's eating his bean salad for lunch tomorrow (and no, I wasn't thinking of the "bean song"). Maybe he'll enjoy the sweet potato and apple bundt cake I'm planning on making (no recipe yet...) for his 'snack'. Sadly, I'm one of those wives that makes my husbands lunch for him - yes, I'm sure he could fend on his own but unless I want one of those $8.00 bricks of cheese and a box of crackers disappearing from my kitchen I'd just as soon make the lunch. Lesser of the two evils? Perhaps. However, this morning I didn't have anything for him to take (usually it's leftovers but seeing as we had Kraft mac&cheese and hot dogs for dinner last night there wasn't any - yes, even I made KD).

*sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Ah, better to be the kind of woman who makes lunch for her husband than the kind of woman who would make lunch for her husband but he's so freakin' picky it would only lead to violence.

    and E's right - you're totally the bestest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, Did I tell you today how much I love you?

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!