Monday

The Wonderful World of Wine.

I'm happy to report that I have not given up drinking wine. I'm sure many of you thought I had and quite frankly, I have not given you any reason to think differently. As luck would have it I've tasted more varieties of wine in the last couple of weeks than I've had for a couple of months (I was getting stuck in a Pinot rut). Unfortunately, I haven't taken any pictures or copied down any labels and so I don't have any new information. I've already slapped my hand so you don't have to do it and I feel just awful that I've let you down (okay, not really, some of it's been good wine and I just can't feel bad about that). I did purchase a couple of bottles today and I promise to drink them all and let you know how it goes (not all tonight - oh, but then I may, we shall see). In case you'd like to drink along and pretend we're on a wine tour together the bottles are listed below. I've even gotten a little adventurous and purchased a tetra pack thing (it's not a bottle so what is it?). Until next time, have a wonderful evening.

1. Virgin vines - 2006 Chardonnay
2. Beringer - 2008 Pinot Grigio
3. Banrock Station - 2007 Chardonnay
4. Bandit - 2007 Pinot Grigio (The Tetra Pack) - I've already had a glass of this and for the money, it's not so bad. Really, it's totally drinkable and you don't have to wash it down with cheese or chocolate - if you want to then that's your option you just don't have to.

4 comments:

  1. Although I'm a dyed-in-the-wool beer girl, I'm beginning to think I need to try this wine stuff - it seems to be starting to catch on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Robin, it's time to switch - though not always 'cause there's so many great beers out there these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? I don't look Klassy with a big ol' frosty cold one in my hand?

    Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh baby, you're always gonna be Klassy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!